Elvis Presley, known throughout the world by his first name, is widely regarded as one of the most influential figures of 20th century music and popular culture, and his status as a cultural icon appears strong as ever as time goes by 2022 will mark the 45th anniversary of his passing.
- The international superstar was an accomplished and influential artist in several genres of music: rock, pop, country, R&B and gospel.
- He triumphed on television, the concert stage and the silver screen.
- Elvis has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Country Music Hall of Fame and the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame– the only artist with the distinction of being honored by all three.
- It is estimated that Elvis Presley has sold more than one billion records worldwide.
- He enjoyed eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches and would often add bacon and grape jelly.